- Are there setup charges?
Do I get charged for changing pages?
Are there hidden fees?
There are no other charges! It may be hard to believe, but the only charge is the monthly or yearly subscription. Your website is set up for free. We even pay for your domain name, if you don’t have one. There are no charges for changing or adding more pages. We like keeping things simple, and charging you fees for miscellaneous things is a pain for us too – so we don’t do it! Having a subscription based service makes it easy for both of us.
And yes, our prices really are that low. We’re able to do this by having an efficient business based on great software. (Note that occasionally, we do website conversions from existing sites, which are not free. This is rare. Usually our templates are much better.)
- Can I add an online store or sell things on the website?
To keep our prices low, we don’t offer stores. There’s three problems with having a store that you may want to think about:
- Setting up a store is more work than you would think – it can more than triple the cost of a website. This is the reason we don’t offer them at all.
- Most online stores don’t make enough to pay for the cost of setting them up, let alone the ongoing order-fulfillment. It sounds good in theory, but actually finding buyers and getting them to visit your website isn’t easy. Most people visiting your website will not be intending to buy.
- An online store distracts users from making appointments with you. Unless you’re selling something high-priced, a new patient is may be worth more than 10 sales at your store, and give you far less hassle.
- I want ____ for my site. Can you help me with it?
Probably. We provide basic customizations for free. We also support many plug-ins that add features, and many things are built in. (For example, I just discovered yesterday that we support YouTube videos.) However, if you want a lot of design work, we’d have to talk first. Please see the page on custom designs and converting existing sites. Feel free to contact us for details. This is the ONLY time we charge extra, but often people are surprised – what they want is already included in the service! Some examples:
- Setting up ebooks/brochures for download.
- Inserting a mailing list/newsletter signup form.
- Setting up a blog – we don’t automatically create one for you because most people don’t use it. But if you want one, it takes us longer to tell you about it than to set up.
- Can I add pictures?
Our system has built-in capabilities to upload pictures. You can insert full sized pictures, or have a smaller picture in-line with the text, like this. It literally took me 2-3 minutes to insert the picture – most of that time was taken up by choosing which picture I wanted to show. The actual insertion just took 40 seconds, because it was a huge picture but needed to be scaled down.
- Can I add video? I think so. One second while I try:
Yes, I think that worked. All I did was copy a youtube embed link from the page, and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to use the “HTML” tab instead of “Visual” when embedding code. By the way, Kevin from this video has a great ebook called Build Your Dream Practice that will help you get more patients. You may want to check it out.
- What’s a domain name?
- A domain name is the web address of your site. For example this site’s domain name is AlternativeHealthWebsites.com. It’s managed separately from your website by a domain name registrar – which is basically a domain name management company. We provide domain names for free, or you can direct your own at our server.
The domain name itself works by acting like a cell phone number. In the US, you’re allowed to switch cellular carriers and take your phone number with you. You can use a different phone service but keep the same number. When you have a domain name for web hosting, you can switch to another web host, then change your domain to route to access your site on the new web host.It’s not complicated, but the biggest source of confusion is that your domain name is separate from the web hosting service we provide. One way to think of a domain name/web address is like a street address for a house – you can easily have mail forwarded to another house, but you have to make arrangements with the postmaster (domain name registrar) to make it happen.
- May I use your prewritten templates if I’m not hosting with you?
Our pre-written templates and emails may only be used on websites hosted by us. Our template is pre-written, persuasive, and usually much better than what’s on most sites. We put a lot of effort into this, so please don’t copy them.That being said, copyright law protects the wording, but not the idea. Feel free to take the general idea – but if you steal the wording, neither of us are going to be happy about it.
- Can I cancel if I don’t like the service?
Of course. You can cancel your hosting services at any time. If you cancel, you won’t receive any further charges whatsoever. However, existing charges can’t be refunded.For PayPal, just log into PayPal, select My Account, then History. In the “Show:” selection, select Subscriptions. Do a search and you can cancel your subscription under “details”.
For other forms of payment, we’ll have to cancel it for you. Just let us know.